Friday, June 12, 2015

Tamagotchi Nails #4

I am really excited about this one because I think it turned out fantastic. This manicure was inspired by my Tamagotchi Connection v4. Again, like with my v4.5, I didn't really choose this shell, it was the only one Ross had at the time.






I wanted to incorporate not only the wavy blob shapes on the shell, but the asterisk thingy on the screen background, so I finally got to use my Uber Chic plate I ordered months ago. A lady on facebook asked if anyone wanted to split the 3 piece set with her. I was surprised that I didn't have to fight anyone for plate 1-01. I think the designs on it are so much cooler than the other two plates, which were all flowery, but hey, that's just me. I love how it has mini designs that coordinate with some of the full nail designs.








I'm still very new to water marbling, but I learned from this mani that I've been dragging the toothpick wrong. Before, I thought it was best to start at 12 o'clock, then go to 6, then 3, then 9, keeping the drags "symmetrical". But then I realized it works much better to go from 12 to 1 to 2, etc.
I'm also finding out more things about these Kand stamping polishes. No, that's not a typo of Konad. They're cheap knockoff stamping polishes I got from ebay. First off, the yellow sucks. It was barely visible when I tested it over the light pink on my thumbnails. Then I had the blue stamped on there, and it was totally dry, I mean, completely, and I put on a top coat and it SMEARED so bad. I was so pissed, I had to completely clean off all the polish on my thumbnail and start over. So I skipped the top coat on my pinkies to be safe. For Christmas, I'm totally asking James for an assortment of MDU polishes.

Polishes and plates used: Essie Madison Ave-hue, Secret Story, and Muchi Muchi, China Glaze Sunday Funday and Happy Go Lucky, WnW D'oh!, Konad special polish in white, Kand special polish (the bright blue, I don't remember its number) and Uber Chic 1-01.

No comments:

Post a Comment