Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tamagotchi Nails #1

I've been a fan of Tamagotchis since I was a kid, but it wasn't until a few months ago that I started really getting interested in them and collecting them. Now that I have several different models I've decided to do my own nail challenge in which I do a nail design based on each of my tama's shells.
I've started at the beginning with my very first Tamagotchi. This is an original released in '96. I remember going to Toys 'r' Us with my mom and picking out this teal color one. I guess I thought the teal/purple combination was cool back then, but now, not so much. Also, this Tamagotchi isn't really functional anymore, that's why there's no pet on its screen.



I really don'tlike this manicure, like at all. It's too 90's in a bad way. Maybe it's just the colors and checkerbard design, or I tried to follow the shell too literally. Next time I'll try to be a little more creative with what I do.That being said, I chose the flower stamp to match the flower icons along the top and bottom of the screen. To match the checkerboard background pattern, I painted my nail blue, then painted a piece of tape pink, cut it into pieces, and stuck them on. It was my first time using tape that way, and I think it came out ok, especially compared to my failed attempt of handpainting the squares on which I tried to do first.




Polishes and plates used: China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, Fancy Pants, and Sugar High, Kleancolor Ocean Wave, and WnW Be More Pacific. Flowers stamped with KO Dream Girl plate 02.

No comments:

Post a Comment